Saturday, March 20, 2010

I heart The Absinthe Drinkers

I had the distinct pleasure of performing with The Absinthe Drinkers on Thursday evening. They're usually at L'Etage, which is a venue I've mentioned before (one of my favorites). I did an old number and a new number, and danced with the band.

And for once I remembered my camera. (This photo is from Randi Warhol, though.)

It's interesting to be in a place where I actually have a catalogue of routines that I can pull from. This time last year, I probably had two acts that I would be willing to pull out and use in any old venue. I'm not sure how many I have now, but I could probably put together at least a dozen.

My next show is April 16 and 17: Normal Rockhard's All-American Pin-Up Show (title not mine). We put this show up at Rembrandt's in November, but this time we're doing it in our home theater, the Walking Fish, with a different cast.

There is a lot more in the pipeline. We have three dates at L'Etage, and we're putting up a rotation of shows that we've done before. Personally, I think you should see all of them.

-DD

PS: Shout-out to opening act The Clockwork Dolls. Give my regards to the violinist.

1 comment:

  1. I really would like to check out one of your shows. Stupid 3,00 mile distance. Razza frazza.

    ReplyDelete